Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Product: Vegan Kung Pao Chicken

We had tried this product before at a friend's house, but this was my first time preparing it myself. It is expensive, almost $6 for this box. I misread the directions. It cooks in the oven at 325 degrees, but should be wrapped in foil. I did not wrap it in foil, so it took a lot longer to cook than the package stated. I even turned the temperature up halfway through because I got impatient.

I served this with one of our favorite salads, ginger salad. I got the recipe from an old Vegetarian Times. It is basically ginger soaked in lime juice, cabbage, tomato, crushed peanuts, soy sauce, a little sesame oil, garlic, and it is yummy. The kung pao chicken really complemented the ginger salad. It was amazing. However, I think that the servings of the vegan chicken were really small, and the calories really high. What you see on this plate is two servings and over 400 calories.
Overall, I really like this product. However, because I watch my calorie intake closely during the week, I would normally pass this item up. Also it is pretty pricey for what you actually get. I will probably buy it again, but it will not be a regular item on my grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment