Verdict: This is my husband's new favorite meal.
My husband has always loved cheesy broccoli soup and will order or buy it whenever he has the opportunity. After looking at a lot of different recipes online, I decided to try making a version of this soup at home. It was a huge success and super easy. Here is the recipe I created.
6 cups of broccoli florets
2 cloves of garlic
6 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of half and half
Salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Chili pepper flakes, to taste
1. Heat the veggie broth to a low boil. Add the garlic, salt, black pepper and chili flakes while heating.
2. Add the broccoli and cook until tender.
3. Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
4. Stir in the half and half.
5. Heat through, without boiling, and serve