I love this recipe. Gravy is great on rice, on potatoes, with biscuits, etc.
Vegetarian Brown Gravy
2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
1/8 cup of flour (I usually use whole wheat flour)
1-1 1/2 cups veggie broth
1-2 tablespoons liquid aminos (could substitute soy sauce)
black pepper to taste
1. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the flour and whisk. Allow to cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Begin to add the veggie broth. Add a little at a time and whisk, allowing the sauce to thicken to your preference.
4. Add the liquid aminos to your taste. This also adds the brown color.
5. Add pepper to taste.
6. Serve on your favorite meal.